Monday, December 05, 2005

guided by voices

Guided By Voices - Exit Flagger

guided by voices is pretty well travelled territory, so there's not much reason to say anything other than some discographical facts.

exit flagger first appeared on propeller in '92 (vinyl only, 500 copies. the whole propeller album was appended to vampire on titus the following year on CD). scat records would press propeller on CD in 96, then repressed again this year on CD and Vinyl. you can also find exit flagger on several of the post-gbv-apocalypse compilations and reissues including bee thousands: the directors cut (2004), hardcore UFOs box set (2003), and the best of guided by voices: human amusements at hourly rates (2003/4) and also the very interesting Box compilation (1995), which packages the first 6 GBV LPs. if you have the 6 LP box compilation i'd love to hear it. if you're willing to share, i'll bake you cookies and feed them to you with my bitchen robot arm.

I don’t know where I’ve coming from
Idon’t know where I’m off to
and I need to find a way out
and he’s here to help me find it

Exit Flagger x4
I'm not (going to race (raze?) you today

I need a life the same as(?)
and I don't believe in anything
I promise to leave you one of these days
I promise it'll be real soon.

Exit Flagger x4
I'm not (going to race (raze?) you today

Promise to leave you


my own personal disneyland: www.gbvdb.com